About Us : Media
Twitter IPO Execution
- MicroVentures CEO, Tim Sullivan discusses the Twitter IPO execution on CNBC Street Signs.
Twitter Could Price IPO Well Above New $23-$25 Range, After Strong Private Market Interest
- MicroVentures CEO, Tim Sullivan discusses the evolving Twitter IPO range.
Connecting Angel Investors and Startups
MicroVentures CEO, Tim Sullivan discusses his investment ideas with Deirdre Bolton on Bloomberg Television’s “Money Moves.”
Is Twitter's $12.88 Valuation Fair?
MicroVentures CEO, Tim Sullivan discusses his thoughts on the IPO and valuation of our portfolio company Twitter with Deirdre Bolton on Bloomberg TV's #MoneyMoves.
In The Crowdfunding Gold Rush, This Company Has A Rare Edge
- Compelling article in Forbes about how MicroVentures began and proceeded to help startups raise millions of dollars on the platform.
MicroVentures' App to Match Startups and Investors
- MicroVentures CEO, Tim Sullivan, joined Bloomberg TV's Pimm Fox to discuss the MicroVentures app being debuted at Launch Festival
CNBC Squawk Breakthrough “Crowdfunding Startups”
- Tim Sullivan was interviewed on CNBC for Squawk on the Street's featured segment, "Squawk Breathrough" to discuss the MicroVentures model and the current funding landscape for early staged companies.
“In The Studio,” MicroVentures’ Tim Sullivan Crowdfunds Retail Angel Investments In Startups
Tim Sullivan, CEO of MicroVentures, discussed our business model with Semil Shah on TechCrunch TV. The discussion included our approach to crowdfunding, thoughts on the venture capital landscape, the evolution that has occurred, and where the industry stands today.
- MicroVentures CEO, Tim Sullivan, was in the NBC Bay Area studio discussing the MicroVentures business model. With the JOBS Act still pending with the SEC, Tim explains MicroVentures ability to operate outside of this legislation.
Crowdfunding Your Startup with MicroVentures
- Crowdfunding has become a popular way to fund a variety of projects, from small-scale endeavors to large-scale, literally earth-shaping efforts.
MicroVentures Funds First Three Deals
- A former risk manager in the small-business space, Bill Clark says he has a "passion for start-ups." As a risk manager, he saw just how difficult it could be for a fledgling company to raise enough money to get itself off the ground.
My First P2P Venture Capital Investment
- Last week I made a venture capital investment in a company I had never heard of until a few days before. I don’t have a massive venture fund and I didn’t invest a large sum of money. I joined with many other investors in a private security offering through MicroVentures.
MicroVentures Marketplace gains first Peer-to-Peer FINRA license
- MicroVentures Marketplace Inc., recently obtained its Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) independent Broker/Dealer license, becoming the very first company to obtain a license for online peer-to-peer private placement investments.
MicroVentures Merges Venture Capital and Peer to Peer Lending
- MicroVentures Marketplace has launched a new service that aims to bring concepts from peer to peer lending into the world of venture capital.
MicroFinancing For Business Startups
- In today’s economy, getting a loan is tough. Fewer banks than ever before are loaning money for things like cars, houses, or other personal expenses.
Austin-based website caters to small investors, start-ups
- A website that combines peer-to-peer financing with micro venture capital offers a new opportunity for start-ups and investors alike...
Texastechpulse.com Interview with Bill Clark
- If you're a company looking for just a small amount funding, there seems to be a decreasing number of places you can go to find capital. One local startup...
Funding Options for Early-Stage Entrepreneurs
- It's not easy for startups that lack experience and connections to raise money. Microfinance, crowdfunding, and incubators are worth pursuing, say business owners...
Venture Funding, One Dollar at a Time
- As the global credit crisis grinds on, it's getting tougher than ever for startups to secure financing. Commercial and industrial loans authorized by U.S. banks--including small-business funding--declined at an annual rate of 21 percent in the first quarter of 2010, and venture financing can be difficult to obtain.
New Service Aims To Enable ‘Peer-To-Peer’ Early Investing
- A group of executives from the financial-services industry has started what they call a peer-to-peer platform for early-stage investing, with the hope of connecting angel investors with promising start-ups. Austin, Texas-based MicroVentures officially launched...
Austin entrepreneur launches online investment matchmaking
Microventures offers P2P investment platform
- Entrepreneurs in the central Texas region have good reason to be excited this week. Not only has Austin been recognized repeatedly for the relative strength of its local economy in recent weeks, but on Monday, Austin-based Microventures launched its new site for peer-to-peer venture funding.
September 2009 Press Release
MicroVentures is positioned as the future of venture capital funding, facilitating investment in tenable entrepreneurial ventures...