Business Funding : About the Fundraising Process
How The MicroVenture Marketplace Funding Process Works
If you're a business who would like to use the MicroVenture Marketplace platform to seek funding, follow these steps:
- 1. Fill out the funding request form which includes attaching a pitch, business plan or what every you want to provide us to give us a background on your company. Take a look at the companies we are looking for before submitting. The cost is $100 to submit the request.
- 2. MicroVenture Marketplace will then review the initial plan and notify your company whether you are approved for a second phase review. This stage takes from 2 days to a week depending on volume.
- 3. If the decision by MicroVenture Marketplace is to move forward, your company will be asked to pay an additional due diligence fee of $250. At this point we really are interested in your concept and need to find out a lot more information to determine if your company is right for our platform. We will be reviewing the following:
- Business plan
- Break-even analysis
- Burn rate
- Use of funds/proceeds
- Risk factors, based on industry
- Management bios/resumes
- Outstanding securities
- Amount invested currently by founders
- Site visit or validation
- Company asset list
- Existing debt and liabilities
- 4. Once the detailed review is complete and MicroVentures determines that your company is suitable for listing on our platform, Microventures will complete the funding documents, at our expense, and then will list the opportunity on our website for our thousands of investors to view and invest.
- 5. The upfront fees you will pay are $350 for all of the reviews. MicroVentures will pay for the funding documents and escrow fees. Upon completion of a successful raise MicroVentures fee is 10% commission plus offering expenses.
Note also that during the process your analyst may wish to contact you to obtain more specific information pertaining to your business or application.