Business Funding : Frequently Asked Questions
- How long will the funding process take?
Expect a wait of approximately two to four months from the time of your submittal of an application, to being finally approved (if your company qualifies), to the actual funding date. Once granted full funding, you should expect to receive your funds within two weeks. close
- What information will I be required to provide during the evaluation process?
Your Microventure Advisor will analyze the business information and funding request from your application and prepare the funding report that goes to the Microventures evaluation committee. Read more information on our process here. close
- How does MicroVenture Marketplace determine whether my business is eligible to be listed on the site?
MVM looks for businesses or business concepts likely to turn a profit within one to three years. Additionally, we believe in accountability to the business (or concept), which is one reason we seek to identify firms whose founders already have invested their own capital in their business. For more on the types of investments we are looking for, read more here. close
- What information will be published to potential investors?
We will provide the following in the Private Placement Memo: The offering structure, the share structure of the company, SEC disclosures about the shares being purchased, company information, information on company operations, risks involved with the investment, management information and use of proceed. close
- When does the money from investors actually distribute to my business?
Typically 14 days after funding, MVM will complete the escrow process and disburse the funds. close
- Will I incur any ongoing reporting requirements?
No ongoing reporting is required. However, MVM will ask you to update a status to investors semi-annually. close
- How do I "buy-back" the private equity shares that have been issued?
Our staff will help you communicate with the investors, and depending on the PPM MVM can provide contract provisions to enable you if you wish to buy back shares at a multiple of the price the investors paid. close
- How long will an investor be required to hold my shares?
The requirement is one year based on SEC regulations. close
- Who determines the value of the outstanding shares?
MicroVentures Marketplace and the business will work together to determine the value of outstanding shares. close
- How do I request additional funding for my business if needed?
We are happy to consider assisting in additional funding rounds. All you have to do is contact us at MicroVentures.com. close